Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Baby Girl's Birthday

A good friend of mine has an adorable baby girl who turned the big 1 today. I love this girl! I rarely refer to her by her name, in fact, even though I have nieces younger than her, I call her "baby girl". ANYWHO! I wanted to make something for Baby Girl's birthday that would be useful and precious like she is. I saw a few pins and thought I'd share them with you.



Here's the first one:  a clip holder with some appliqued pieces to make a scene of a cute owl. 

Next, here are the clips: a variety of felt pieces
Here's my bird with scenic background. She's saying "hey girlfriend"

I started by taking a simple 8.5"X11" sheet of felt and cutting it in half

Next, I free handed and cut out a few pieces for what I wanted

Adding the top strap

The finished product. It only cost be the price of the felt since I had everything else on hand. 

Closer up view

The almost finished product of one of the hair clips

I found the best way to use the alligator clips was to cover them. So I cut a little piece out that would wrap around it.

Cut a little slit for the clip to slide through


Hot glue it and glue the rest of the felt and clip together.

Everything combined


Here are mine: mostly felt, but some made up of fake flowers and silky flowers all on alligator clips.  The grey one ended up being my favorite. It's three circles stacked on top of each other with a single black bead in the middle. 
I wish I had had some closer up versions but oh well. I'm making some more for my biological niece and they're pretty cute as well. Oh! Also, I made a simple white headband that any of the clips can go on interchangeably. I honestly loved these two crafts. I like how different you can make every aspect these. Different colors, different designs.. I'm toying around with future ideas. We'll see how it goes. As for the pins, I highly recommend them. The first pin does NOT have a tutorial. It's a product from etsy. The second pin does and she's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment