Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Baked Ranch Chicken

Although I haven't posted anything recently, I've been working a lot on pins I have; whittling my amount down to a more realistic size. Okay, it's hardly realistic. But I feel better having less pins. It doesn't make me look like quite the pin-obsessed person I've been this past year. That being said, I now how pictures to go with several pins I've done, so here it goes with pins #1, Baked Ranch Chicken.

I told Justin to take out some chicken to thaw since it was my night to cook dinner. Because our microwave is currently dead with no hopes of resuccitation or a resurrection, and we didn't have fresh parmesan cheese, we had to improvise. Here's the recipe and pin:

Pinned Image
Looks are incredibly deceiving

6-8 Chicken breasts
1 cup Corn Flakes
1 cup Shredded Parmesan
1 cube butter (melted)
1 packet of Ranch Dressing Mix
Preheat oven to 350. Mix together Corn Flakes, Parmesan and Ranch packet. Cut the chicken in half, dip the chicken in the melted butter then in the corn flake mixture and place into baking dish. Pour the remaining butter on top and bake for 45-50 minutes uncovered. Enjoy!!!

So here's what we did and how it turned out

3 large chicken breasts. Ours didn't thaw in time and since we didn't have a functioning microwave I simply ran them under lukewarm water and cut them into smaller pieces.
1 c Corn Flakes. I used two and I'm glad I did because there wasn't enough coating mix for the chicken we had.
1 c shredded Parmesan. We used the stuff from the green can. We wanted to go classy.
1 cube butter (melted). How much is one cube of butter?! We melted a stick in the oven and towards the end (because that wasn't enough) we added some olive oil.
1 packet of ranch dressing mix. We don't use the packet but we have it in a Sam's issued box. I used the equivalent amount.

Here is what it turned out like:
There's the reality
It was incredibly salty and greasy. I would have used less butter or omitted it completely and just not dried off the chicken breasts before I dredged them in the coating mixture. Because we cut the pieces smaller it only took 30 minutes to bake, but... Yeah... I'm not sure I want to make this again. If I do, I'd definitely switch a few things.

My recommendation? Skip it. Or if you want crispy baked chicken, use the corn flakes and dredge your chicken in a milk/egg mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment