Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

52 Things I Love About...

Valentine's Day has gotten me in a very crafty mood. I've made two things for my Valentine and plan on making some lovey-themed items for our abode. One of the gifts I made is based off of the pin I'm sure everyone has seen where you take a deck of cards and list 52 things you love about the person. This is my attempt.
I punched holes in all of the cards

Using my favorite new paper punch (a huge heart shape) I cut out the appropriate number of hearts using a thick cream colored cardstock

Glue cardstock to cards

Because the hearts were pretty large I rotated their positions and such. Some covered holes, some didn't.

I cleaned up the ones that covered holes so that my three rings could go through easily

Arrange them however you choose. I chose to alternate red and black, but you could easily go by suites or numbers or what have you.

I free-handed a shape to use on the cover card which was also one of the spare joker cards. I traced the number and used my stamps for the letters. I never said I was good at stamping. But at the same time, I kind of ike the funky look of this.

Added my little tag to the back. Oh, and S'ghettis is Justin's nickname from me. Nothing weird. I just used to say "Ready sghettis?" a lot and it morphed into his nickname.
Finally, after adding the rings and such,  I began added the reasons why I love him. As wrong as it sounds, this was the hardest part... There are only so many ways you can say "I love your butt." 
And there you have it. It's a little time consuming, but once you get started it goes by pretty quickly and it's a personal and fun gift that I think would work well for anyone at any time. Who doesn't like knowing they are loved and why people love them? One recommendation I would make is to buy a large deck of cards. Not that this deck was an issue, but if you don't want to worry about the positions of the hearts and having to go back and hole punch again, just buy a bigger deck. I recommend it since the only thing I had to buy was the deck of cards ($1).  Here is the pin I was going off of.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have a Valentine to make all of these cute things for!

    ReplyDelete