Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Disappointment in a cookie

The other night we were watching one of our favorite shows: The Best Thing I Ever Ate. One of the commentators showed a cookie from a NYC bakery. It was massive ( about the size of an uncooked hamburger patty) and was a chocolate cookie with chocolate chunks. I was debating making something for the Primary kids for Sunday and thought this looked like the perfect idea. So I searched the web and pulled up this recipe that looked pretty legit. And tasty.


Pinned Image
Cookie shown on blog. Mine did not look like this.

Saturday night after a long day I decided to get started on my cookies. Because of the issue when I made the granola I decided to put my laptop on the counter with me and follow the instructions to a tee. The end result? Quite disappointing. I was tasting the batter as I went and it tasted great. Very chocolatey but not too sweet, and since the original blogger said the dough is very very thick I thought the consistency was correct. If it was, shame on the blogger! The cookies lost much of their flavor in the baking process and were incredibly dry. One of the kids only ate half of his cookie before throwing it away. Luckily my SIL had some cookies she had made and given to me to use. They were amazing (as most treats she bakes are).

Before going in the oven

After baking and while cooling. I took one while cooling to see if I would get the same "melted chocolate chip and awesomeness" picture.. Yeah... It didn't really happen.


Disappointment, thy name is double chocolate cookie. I actually (accidentally) deleted the pin because I was frustrated with it and upset about being so betrayed by chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment