Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

T-shirt fun

A few months ago I saw this pin

                           IMG_2237
and knew I wanted to try it. But being the person I am (who hates patterns and being too copy-cattish, I wanted to make my own design).



I bought a plain white t-shirt and used a pack of fabric markers I had.
 



A sign leading to New Orleans and GG's house (that's what they call my mom)
 




The finished product included a zoo, a pet shop, a store, a park, a hospital, a firehouse, a school, and a church along with signs to their grandma in Utah and GG in NOLA.
 
For Christmas I made this for my brother Brian who has two awesome boys. Since he's an early-morning seminary teacher and amateur runner I thought this would be a neat way for him to relax and still get in time with the boys so I added some fancy toy Porches from the dollar store in his gift. He was a bit confused by a plain white t-shirt and two toy cars until I told him to check out the back. He liked it a good bit.

I think the shirt is a GREAT project. I bought my fabric markers with a 40% off coupon so they were only around $5 and the shirt cost $3 on sale. Add the two toy cars and the entire gift was only $10. Oh, and note to the wise, MAKE SURE YOU USE SOMETHING BETWEEN THE T-SHIRT LAYERS! I didn't at first and had some weird markings on the front.

Here's the pin. I highly recommend it for a cute, unique, and inexpensive gift for guys with little ones.

1 comment:

  1. Ok...Erica needs to snap a pic for us. I can only imagine how much Gabe and Josh love this!

    ReplyDelete