Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

30 by 30

Kaycee here:

Well 2012 has arrived. I knew this year would come...the year I turn 30. I know it's just a number, but it has me thinking. I'm going to be 30 in 221 days, no matter what, so why not meet that day with a pocket full of confidence? I don't want to do "Extreme Makeover:  Kaycee Edition", but I do want to accomplish a few things.

The PINSPIRATION:

http://pinterest.com/pin/203365739393038356/

The PRODUCT:

http://kayceerenee.blogspot.com/2012/01/30-by-30.html 

More after the jump!



  1. Read the Book of Mormon (again).
  2. Go down 2 sizes.
  3. Visit a friend in another state.
  4. Create (and not touch) an emergency fund.
  5. Make a list of things I want to accomplish in my 30s (40 by 40?).
  6. Finish the New Testament.
  7. Complete a 5K.
  8. Delete MySpace and Xanga (transfer info to Facebook?).
  9. Create a budget and live by it.
  10. Buy a camera.
  11. Perform ordinances in the Mesa, Oklahoma City and San Antonio temples.
  12. Be a vegetarian for a week.
  13. Learn "Single Ladies", "Shuffle" and "Thriller" dances.
  14. Pay off consumer debt.
  15. Get a passport.
  16. Make dinner and bring lunch 3 times/week.
  17. Trace family tree back 2 more generations on Mom's side.
  18. Read 12 books for fun (Here's the list so far: A Lucky Child, The Darcy Connection, Goodnight Maman). 3/12 = 25%
  19. Read the Conference Ensign before Conference.
  20. Mail a card to someone every month.
  21. Post to Pinnovations blog at least 30 times.
  22. (Re)Memorize all the Seminary Scripture Mastery scriptures.
  23. Go to 2 Mid-Singles activities.
  24. Decide what I want to be when I "grow up".
  25. Memorize the Family Proclamation.
  26. Take the Jeopardy audition test.
  27. Memorize 1 quote from each of the members of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
  28. Memorize a piano piece.
  29. Scan my old photos.
  30. Readers’ choice! Leave a comment with a goal for me to accomplish - something exciting, attainable and awesome.

I didn't go about making my list all willy nilly. I actually came up with categories - Spiritual, Social, Financial, Physical and Personal - and tried to to divide my goals evenly. I don't think I completely succeeded in that regard, but at least I have a few goals in each category. (See if you can figure out which item goes in which category.)
Check out the original post for links to more information on some of the goals. I'm going to post about how I accomplish the goal and then update the original post on my personal blog, so if you're interested in keeping me accountable, click on the link above.
Kaycee...out.

2 comments:

  1. Readers recommendation- I know how much you want to go to Paris. What is you had a girls trip to Paris, Tx? Is there anything to do there? A hotel? We could watch French movies, eat French food. Then you could say you went to Paris before you were 30 and add Paris France to your 40 by 40. I may have more ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list! I think a goal should be to attend a Mardi Gras parade. Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete